Thigh LiftWhat is thigh stretch?
Thigh stretch is an esthetic surgery application performed for the purpose of eliminating skin sagging located at inner part of the upper leg. If there are fat accumulations in the thigh region, liposuction application can be also done at the same session.Why is the skin at the thigh region sagging?
Skin sagging in the thigh region occurs most frequently due to the excessive weight loss. Apart from that collagen losses in relation with aging and pregnancy can also lead skin sagging in the thigh region.By which technic is the thigh stretch surgery performed?
Excesses of skin in the thigh region are stretched upwards by means of incisions made in the inguinal region. Since the traces of incisions remain within the inner part of the thigh and in the inguinal regions they can be hidden in the bikini.What are the issues to be cared before the surgery?
- If you are using anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, you should cease to use them seven to ten days before by consulting to your doctor.
- Some drugs and some vitamins have anticoagulant (blood-thinning) effects and bleedings may be increased during the recovery period. It is extremely important to inform your physician about the medications that you use, the nutritional supplements, slimming teas.
- If you have any allergy toward any substance or medications, please definitely inform your physician.
- We suggest the patients consuming tobacco products to cease smoking at least three weeks before the surgery.
- No alcohol should be consumed for one week before the surgery.
- The patient should be hungry at least six hours before the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, please bring definitely the examinations (computerized tomography, ultrasound, and mammography) that your physician has requested with your own.
- While coming to the surgery do not make up, do not pin jewelry, do not apply nail varnish, and do not bring your valuables with your own.
The thigh stretch surgery is performed under general anesthesia. Screenings in terms of blood levels, liver function tests, renal function tests, clothing values and contagious diseases by making blood analyses of the patients before the surgery. The status of the lungs is investigated by acquiring pulmonary X-ray films and the heart rhythm and cardiac status are investigated by taking electrocardiography (ECG). Furthermore, if the patient has an additional disease, tests concerning this disease are made and consultation are established from the concerning department about whether he or she has any status that will hinder the surgery if necessary.
The thigh stretch surgery lasts one to two hours
In the thigh stretch surgery it is sufficient to be hospitalized for one to two days
The mean recovery period is fifteen days after the thigh stretch surgery.
The patient in which the thigh stretch surgery is performed may return approximately in one week to their social lives. The period of returning to the professional life may last two weeks.How much trace may persist after the thigh stretch?
In thigh stretch surgery, traces extending from the inner part of the thigh toward the groin in front and toward the fold under rump persist. These traces usually remain within the bikini line.Is it possible to eliminate the traces of the thigh stretch surgery?
The complete disappearance of the traces is not possible. However, sutures have a color almost the same as the skin color with time and the prominence of the traces decreases.