Neck LiftWhat is the neck lift surgery?
Neck lift surgery is an esthetic operation in which excess of skin and prolapse located in the neck region and submandibular region and being among the basic evidence are removed. While upper facial and middle cheek appearance is good in some people, serious skin prolapses occur at the lower facial region and at the neck.What are the causes of skin prolapses in the neck region?
Skin prolapses in the neck region which cause the loss of the youth appearance happen most commonly in relation with the genetic factors. Gravity, environmental factors and stress are the other causes.By which technic neck lift surgery is done?
In the neck lift surgery, neck skin is raised by making an incision from the lower and back parts of the ear. The neck skin which is completely separated from the floor tissues is stretched toward the back of the ear. The excess part of the skin are removed by cutting.What are the issues to be cared before the surgical procedure?
- If you are using anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, you should cease to use them seven to ten days before by consulting to your doctor.
- Some drugs and some vitamins have anticoagulant (blood-thinning) effects and bleedings may be increased during the recovery period. It is extremely important to inform your physician about the medications that you use, the nutritional supplements, slimming teas.
- If you have any allergy toward any substance or medications, please definitely inform your physician.
- We suggest the patients consuming tobacco products to cease smoking at least three weeks before the surgery.
- No alcohol should be consumed for one week before the surgery.
- The patient should be hungry at least six hours before the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, please bring definitely the examinations (computerized tomography, ultrasound, etc.) that your physician has requested with your own.
- While coming to the surgery do not make up, do not pin jewelry, do not apply nail varnish, and do not bring your valuables with your own.
Neck lift surgeries are performed under local or general anesthesia. If the surgery will be done under the general anesthesia, screenings in terms of blood levels, liver function tests, renal function tests, clothing values and contagious diseases by making blood analyses. The status of the lungs is investigated by acquiring pulmonary X-ray films and the heart rhythm and cardiac status are investigated by taking electrocardiography (ECG). Furthermore, if the patient has an additional disease, tests concerning this disease are made and consultation are established from the concerning department about whether he or she has any status that will hinder the surgery if necessary.
Neck lift surgeries last one to three hours depending on the tissue amount.
No hospitalization is required in the surgeries performed under the local anesthesia. The patient is sent to home after the procedure. In the neck lift surgeries done under the general anesthesia, usually a one-day hospitalization is required.
Swelling and bruises that last several days take place following the neck lift surgery. These heal for five to seven days.
The people in which neck lift surgery is performed may return to their social life and their professional life in average one week later.Following the neck lift surgery, how much trace may persist?
Usually, there are some traces behind the ear after the neck lift surgery. If a stretching procedure including the jaw region is performed, traces extending to the front of the ear may exist.Is it possible to eliminate the traces of the neck lift surgery?
To eliminate the traces of the neck lift surgery completely is not possible. However, since they are located behind the ear and on the front line of the ear, their prominence decreases with time.