Mini face lift
Mini face liftWhat is Mini face lift?
It is an esthetic surgical procedure in which the skin sagging and wrinkles especially being located in one –third of the face are eliminated.What are the causes of skin sagging and wrinkles occurring on the face?
The most common cause of skin sagging and wrinkles occurring on the face is the gravity. On the other hand, similar changes take place on the facial regions in excessive weight losses.By which technic Mini face lift is performed?
In mini face lift surgeries, sagging excesses of skin are removed by means of incisions made from the front and behind of the ear, jaw-line is made more prominent and the skin at the one-third lower part of the face is completely stretched.What are the issues to be cared before mini face lift surgery?
- If you are using anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, you should cease to use them seven to ten days before by consulting to your doctor.
- Some drugs and some vitamins have anticoagulant (blood-thinning) effects and bleedings may be increased during the recovery period. It is extremely important to inform your physician about the medications that you use, the nutritional supplements, slimming teas.
- If you have any allergy toward any substance or medications, please definitely inform your physician.
- We suggest the patients consuming tobacco products to cease smoking at least three weeks before the surgery.
- No alcohol should be consumed for one week before the surgery.
- The patient should be hungry at least six hours before the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, please bring definitely the examinations (computerized tomography, ultrasound, and mammography) that your physician has requested with your own.
- While coming to the surgery do not make up, do not pin jewelry, do not apply nail varnish, and do not bring your valuables with your own.
Mini face lift surgery is performed under local or general anesthesia. Screenings in terms of blood levels, liver function tests, renal function tests, clothing values and contagious diseases by making blood analyses of the patients before the surgery. The status of the lungs is investigated by acquiring pulmonary X-ray films and the heart rhythm and cardiac status are investigated by taking electrocardiography (ECG). Furthermore, if the patient has an additional disease, tests concerning this disease are made and consultation are established from the concerning department about whether he or she has any status that will hinder the surgery if necessary.
Mini face lift surgery last one to two hours.
Following the mini face lift surgery people are usually discharged from the hospital on the same day.
Recovery period lasts approximately ten days after the mini face lift surgery.
People may return to the social life and professional life seven to ten days after the mini lift surgery.How much trace may persist after the mini face lift surgery?
Traces may persist in front and behind of the ear after the mini face lift surgery. These traces are in red color. However, they take the color of the skin with time and their prominence decreases.Is it possible to eliminate the traces formed in the mini face lift surgery?
The complete disappearance of the traces is not possible. However, the prominence of the traces may be reduced by the help of some special creams.