Face LiftWhat is face lifting?
Face lifting is an esthetic surgery application in which skin sagging and wrinkles formed in the facial and neck region are eliminated.What are the causes of the skin sagging and wrinkles that occurred in the facial region?
The most frequent cause of the skin sagging and wrinkles in the facial region are prolapses occurred due to the gravity. Apart from those, similar changes in the facial region take place in excessive weight losses.By which technic face lifting is performed?
Excesses of sagging skin are tidied up. The muscles located under the skin are tightened and the skin is hung out by stretching.What are the issues to be cared before face lifting surgery?
- If you are using anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, you should cease to use them seven to ten days before by consulting to your doctor.
- Some drugs and some vitamins have anticoagulant (blood-thinning) effects and bleedings may be increased during the recovery period. It is extremely important to inform your physician about the medications that you use, the nutritional supplements, slimming teas.
- If you have any allergy toward any substance or medications, please definitely inform your physician.
- We suggest the patients consuming tobacco products to cease smoking at least three weeks before the surgery.
- No alcohol should be consumed for one week before the surgery.
- The patient should be hungry at least six hours before the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, please bring definitely the examinations (computerized tomography, ultrasound, and mammography) that your physician has requested with your own.
- While coming to the surgery do not make up, do not pin jewelry, do not apply nail varnish, and do not bring your valuables with your own.
Face lifting surgeries are performed under general anesthesia. Screenings in terms of blood levels, liver function tests, renal function tests, clothing values and contagious diseases by making blood analyses of the patients before the surgery. The status of the lungs is investigated by acquiring pulmonary X-ray films and the heart rhythm and cardiac status are investigated by taking ECG (electrocardiography). Furthermore, if the patient has an additional disease, tests concerning this disease are made and consultation are established from the concerning department about whether he or she has any status that will hinder the surgery if necessary.
Face lifting surgeries last approximately two to four hours.
If their general status are good, they are discharged from the hospital to be followed in outpatient clinic after they are monitored in the hospital for one day following the face lifting surgery.
Swelling and bruises decrease significantly approximately in ten days after the face lifting surgery.
Since swellings and bruises substantially heal in ten days after the face lifting surgery, the patients may return to their normal lives after these ten days.How much trace may persist after the face lifting surgery?
Traces may persist in front and behind of the ear after the mini face lift surgery. These traces may extend into the scalp in some people.Is it possible to eliminate the traces of the face lifting surgery?
The complete disappearance of the traces is not possible. However, the prominence of these traces decreases distinguishably.