Arm LiftWhat is brachioplasty?
It is an esthetic applications in which skin prolapses and excesses of fat in particularly upper arm are removedWhat are the causes of the skin prolapses in arms?
Skin prolapses in arms take place based on aging or based on the weight losses.How the brachioplasty is performed?
In brachioplasty, excesses of skin hanging out are removed. If there are fat accumulations in the arm region, liposuction can be applied for these accumulations in the same session.What are the issues to be cared before the surgery?
- If you are using anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, you should cease to use them seven to ten days before by consulting to your doctor.
- Some drugs and some vitamins have anticoagulant (blood-thinning) effects and bleedings may be increased during the recovery period. It is extremely important to inform your physician about the medications that you use, the nutritional supplements, slimming teas.
- If you have any allergy toward any substance or medications, please definitely inform your physician.
- We suggest the patients consuming tobacco products to cease smoking at least three weeks before the surgery.
- No alcohol should be consumed for one week before the surgery.
- The patient should be hungry at least six hours before the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, please bring definitely the examinations (computerized tomography, ultrasound, and mammography) that your physician has requested with your own.
- While coming to the surgery do not make up, do not pin jewelry, do not apply nail varnish, and do not bring your valuables with your own.
Brachioplasty is performed under general anesthesia. Screenings in terms of blood levels, liver function tests, renal function tests, clothing values and contagious diseases by making blood analyses of the patients before the surgery. The status of the lungs is investigated by acquiring pulmonary X-ray films and the heart rhythm and cardiac status are investigated by taking electrocardiography (ECG). Furthermore, if the patient has an additional disease, tests concerning this disease are made and consultation are established from the concerning department about whether he or she has any status that will hinder the surgery if necessary.
Brachioplasty usually lasts for one to two hours.
Following the brachioplasty people are usually discharged from the hospital on the same day.
Recovery period lasts approximately twenty days after the brachioplasty.
People can use their arms five to six days after the brachioplasty. However, to return to the professional life may require ten to fifteen days.Following the brachioplasty, how much trace may persist?
After the brachioplasty, traces beginning from the axilla and extending toward the elbow persist at the lower back parts of the arm.Is it possible to eliminate the traces of the brachioplasty?
The complete disappearance of the traces is not possible. While the traces are in red color and they are very apparent, they take the skin color with time and their prominence decreases. Revision procedures may be done later in order to shrink the traces.