Lower Eyelid Surgery
Lower Eyelid SurgeryWhat is the lower eyelid esthetics?
Lower eyelid esthetics is a surgical procedure in which bags that become apparent under eye and skin prolapses are removed. Sometimes procedures to eliminate the excessive hollows under eye are performed for the people referring for this purpose.What are the causes of the under eye bags and skin prolapses?
Under eye bags become apparent due aging and genetic structures. Moreover, stretching and prolapses occur due to the collagen loss and due to the gravity.By which technique the lower eyelid esthetics is performed?
In order to remove the under eye bags some part of fad ads are removed by lifting the skin and muscle by performing an incision just under the eye lashes. By spreading the remaining part on the chick excessive emptying is prevented. If there is an excess of skin, the excessive parts are removed by stretching the eyelid. In patient with collapses and holes under eye filling application can be done into the collapsed areas in order to obtain a younger appearance. Although fillings may be done with own fat of the person, hyaluronic acid fillings can be also used.
In the lower eyelid esthetic applications, what should be cared first?If you are using anticoagulant (blood-thinning) drugs, you should cease to use them seven to ten days before by consulting to your doctor.
- Some drugs and some vitamins have anticoagulant (blood-thinning) effects and bleedings may be increased during the recovery period. It is extremely important to inform your physician about the medications that you use, the nutritional supplements, slimming teas.
- If you have any allergy toward any substance or medications, please definitely inform your physician.
- We suggest the patients consuming tobacco products to cease smoking at least three weeks before the surgery.
- No alcohol should be consumed for one week before the surgery.
- The patient should be hungry at least six hours before the surgery.
- While coming for the surgery, please bring definitely the examinations (computerized tomography, ultrasound, and mammography) that your physician has requested with your own.
- While coming to the surgery do not make up, do not pin jewelry, do not apply nail varnish, and do not bring your valuables with your own.
- In the lower eyelid esthetic applications, what should be first performed?
The status of the lungs is investigated by acquiring pulmonary X-ray films and the heart rhythm and cardiac status are investigated by taking electrocardiography (ECG). Furthermore, if the patient has an additional disease, tests concerning this disease are made and consultation are established from the concerning department about whether he or she has any status that will hinder the surgery if necessary.
The removal of the under eye bags and the excess of skin lasts for one to two hours. The filling applications performed in order to eliminate under eye collapses last for fifteen to thirty minutes.
In the lower eyelid esthetic applications, hospitalization is not required, patients are allowed to go home after the applications are terminated.
Swelling and bruises take place in the surgical applications and filling procedures. The healing of these swellings and bruises may last for one week.
Following the lower eyelid esthetic applications, people may return to the professional and social life in five to seven days.Following the lower eyelid esthetic applications, how much trace may persist?
Following the lower eyelid esthetic applications, some traces which cannot be seen at first glance persist at the lower boundary of the eyelashes. Although these traces are red and apparent previously, they take the color of the skin with time and their appearances is reduced.Is it possible to eliminate the traces of the lower eyelid esthetic applications?
The complete disappearance of the traces is not possible. However, slight traces which cannot be noticed at first glance persist.